NAIROBI – MASAI MARA Mara Naboisho Conservancy
- Early breakfast at the hotel. .You will be transferred to Wilson Airport and assisted in check in for flight to Masai Mara
- Arrive at airstrip , met by the driver guide and proceed to camp
Overnight Mara Base Camp Explorer in Eagle View Deluxe Tents on full board basis for 3 nights
Eagle View Camp is set on a natural hilltop giving spectacular views over Naboisho Conservancy in Kenya’s Masai Mara region. The camp overlooks a natural waterhole which is frequented by a broad range of wildlife including giraffes, elephants and various species of antelope. There are also over seventy identified lions residing within Naboisho Conservancy. In 2013 Eagle View was named one of the top twenty-five eco-lodges in the world by National Geographic Traveller’s Magazine.
The ethos of Eagle View is to combine ecological architecture with a contemporary minimalist design to compliment the natural surroundings. The camp prides itself on its excellent cuisine and high levels of service.
Eagle View camp features 9 Double Viewpoint Tents. Each is built on an elevated platform and has raised canvas ceilings for a spacious feeling and a king size double or twin beds with fresh white linen and indulgent duvets. Each guest tent has a private bathroom area featuring bio-flush toilets and two showers, one inside and one open-air ‘safari shower’. All tents have a private elevated viewing deck offering exceptional views of Naboisho Conservancy.
Two of the Double Viewpoint Tents have separate annexes with two additional beds and a private bathroom area. This is the perfect choice for families travelling with teenagers or older children.
- Game drives from Eagle View are taken in the camp’s shared 4×4 safari vehicle on the game-filled Naboisho Conservancy – a highly acclaimed model for nature conservation. Drives are taken by day and night, giving the rare opportunity to search for nocturnal wildlife. Guests staying 3 nights or more can also take game-drives within the Masai Mara National Reserve (complimentary one-day entrance to the Reserve included).
- Guided walks with expert guides offer guests the chance to explore the area on foot, getting closer to the flora and fauna.
- The camp also offers visits to its community projects where guests can learn more about the local villages and their ways of life.
The vision of Eagle View was to blend the best of ecological architecture with state-of-the-art minimalist design to perfectly compliment the overwhelming natural surroundings. As a highly acclaimed conservancy model for wildlife and nature conservation management, in 2013 Eagle View was named one of the top twenty-five eco-lodges in the world by National Geographic Traveller’s Magazine – the only camp in Kenya on the list.
Optionals @ Mara Eagle View (extra costs)
- Full Day Mara Private Safari Vehicle or Mara Ballooning
- The balloon safari is a shared activity with other participants.
- Participants must be of reasonable fitness, at least 7 years of age and 1.4 metres in height
- Balloon safaris are not appropriate for women who are pregnant. Please note Persons exceeding 120 KGS in weight need to prebook 2 places and will be charged for 2 persons and same applies for the internal flights.
Our custom 4X4 safari vehicles will pick you from your camp or lodge between 0400-0530AM and drive you to the launch site, to arrive by 0600AM. Depending on the weather conditions, you can enjoy a cup of coffee or tea while you watch the balloons being prepared for take-off. Your pilot will give a safety briefing as well as explain what you can expect during the flight. There are basic toilet facilities available at the launch site. NB: one launch site has toilet facilities.
The balloon crew will assist as you clamber into your balloon basket for take-off just before sunrise, at about 6:30AM. As you rise the Maasai Mara plains opens up before your eyes to feast on the golden sunrise, enchanting sceneries, plains-game below as the winds gently blows the basket deeper into the reserve. The pilot is at hand pointing out at the wildlife below with plenty of photographic opportunities unfolding. Soar silently with 360 degrees of spectacular savannah lasting approximately one hour, depending on wind conditions.
Upon landing between 7:15 and 7:30 AM, observe the complete deflation of the balloon envelope as our vehicles wait for you for a short drive to your morning hearty meal.
Our breakfast is set up on the picturesque savannah plains of the Mara, typically under the shade of a single balanite tree. Sit down to a full bush breakfast in the Kenyan style, complete with eggs-to-order, sausages, fresh juices, fruits, cereals and, of course, sparkling wine.
After breakfast, enjoy a leisurely game drive back to your camp or lodge to arrive by around 10:30AM already reliving the memories of the morning’s flight.